Deck the Cars!silo
11.14.18 // Industry News
The ultimate gift guide for gearheads of every type.
From Santa Baby’s ‘54 convertible (blue) to Little Saint Nick’s four speed stick, the holiday season is a thrilling time to be a car lover. You never know what you might find under the tree… or in the driveway. But if you’re searching for the perfect gift for your gearhead and their dream car is out of your budget, stop stressing! We’ve got a veritable toy catalogue of goodies at plenty of price points, so you can find the gift that will put a smile on their face… and some vroom in their engine.
First thing’s first: determine exactly which kind of gearhead you’re buying for. Does he long for a high-speed cruise down the Autobahn? Does she relish the wind in her hair behind the wheel of her ‘67 GTO convertible? From European style to American horsepower (or reindeer-power?), we’ve got the perfect gift for all their four-wheeled fantasies.
Combine the elegance of Cary Grant with the sophistication of James Bond, and you’ve got The Exotic. The Exotic enjoys anything that is out of the ordinary, and doesn’t mind turning heads.
- Though they may seem outdated, fine leather driving gloves are making a comeback in a big way. These stylish deerskin gloves from Fratelli Orsini make for an upscale but unpretentious gift. If you’re on a budget or prefer vegan options, Amazon has a broad and attractive offering.
- Similar to driving gloves, driving shoes have been out of vogue for a while, but are resurfacing in classically elegant styles. These Cole Haan loafers are more than just a pretty leather upper — they’re flexible and functional when you’re behind the wheel.
Impeccably appointed interior. Polished, flawless exterior. The Lux knows what he/she likes, and isn’t often intimidated by price tag. You, on the other hand, might need to give your wallet a break, so here are a few gifts sure to impress… at a price that will help you keep your holiday cheer.
- With a name like Un Air De Diptyque, you know it’s fancy! This auto fragrance diffuser is a classy and attractive new take on old-school pine tree air fresheners. With art deco styling and a selection of on-trend scents, it looks and smells like a million bucks… but it sure doesn’t cost that!
- Your Lux car lover is likely to dress as sharp as his dream vehicle. Make sure he can keep his duds dry with this inverted umbrella, designed to close conveniently backwards when getting behind the wheel.
- What says fine living more than sipping a handcrafted, rich, dark roast espresso in the driver’s seat of your luxury car? You don’t even need a Starbucks drive-thru! The Handpresso Auto Espresso Maker allows you to brew a perfect shot of espresso using your car’s charging outlet.
If your gearhead loves the growl of a V8 and enjoys the smell of engine grease, you probably have a Muscle on your hands. The Muscle craves the power, strength and brutal style that accompanied an iconic period in American automotive history.
- Muscles like to get their hands dirty, so make sure they’ve got the gold standard of repair guides. Haynes Guides come in almost every make and model, and offer in-depth tutorials on a wide range of repairs.
- The best part of living in or near Indianapolis is having the Indianapolis Motor Speedway right in our backyard. Treat your car lover to the experience of a lifetime and put them on the track and over the yard of bricks with one of these Indy Racing Experiences.
- Practice makes perfect, and in this case, practice makes power. Help them learn how to build a V8 by giving them the opportunity for hands-on practice with this Build Your Own V8 kit.
A true Classic never goes out of style. But older vehicles do present unique issues that require ingenuity, innovation, and the latest tech.
- Driver picks the tunes, and with this handy Bluetooth Steering Wheel Control, you can make sure they’re able to set the mood with a touch of a button.
- The reality of older vehicles is that they can sometimes by fussy. Ensure you’ll never get stuck with a run-down battery with this handy jump starter.
- Vintage vehicles were known for their expansive size, which can be hard to squeeze into today’s compact car parking spots. If your car lover is actually behind the wheel of a boat, help them navigate any close call with this inexpensive but useful parking assistant.
The Ultimate Car Lover deserves the ultimate gift this year: a storage and/or membership package to SILO Auto Club & Conservancy. If your gearhead already has their dreamcar, purchase a long or short-term package that will give them access to our 24/7 monitored, secure storage facility, event space and garage-away-from-home. Even if they don’t yet have their vehicle, they can still be a part of our exclusive and engaging social club, which allows like-minded car lovers to escape to a space that’s just for them, with people just like them.
Learn more about storage packages and pricing here. Get your Santa hat on, crank up Little Saint Nick and find the gift that will make their season merry and bright. Contact us today for more information.